Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 107. Goose running for his life.

Tonight I wandered out near the lake to see how the melting was progressing.  (Finally some open water, still some ice.) Then I walked around a small area that is kind of a bird sanctuary just to see what wildlife I might be able to catch in action.

I was really hoping to find some frogs or toads, and I could hear them croaking away but they all went silent everytime I would move.  Plus, I had on work shoes rather than 'tromping through sludge' shoes, so I couldn't get all that close to where they were most likely to be.

But there were birds.  And down a slight hill, from the brush about five feet from where I stood, out popped a goose running awkardly as fast as he could.  Luckily I had my camera in speed mode knowing that the local birds freak out at the slightest hint of a person, so I got this neat photo:






Plus another black bird that was delightfully uninterested in me as I approached.



Here is Lake Kampeska today.  The ice is finally starting to melt.
 
The weekend is here.  Wishing you pleasant weather and views that brighten you days.
 
See on,
Julee

No comments:

Post a Comment