Monday, May 20, 2013

Post 118. Swarm.

You've probably heard of the monster mosquitoes from Minnesota.  Well, apparently they have migrated to South Dakota.  As my husband and I were out driving out on Sunday we came upon this neat, isolated lake.  We pulled up right to the edge and we could see the car was just surrounded by giant mosquitoes.  I debated for a few minutes, but finally decided I would get out and see if I could get a few shots of ducks.

No.

What I heard when I stepped out of the car was terrifying.  Bzzzzz, bzzzzz, bzzzzz, bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  It was so loud.  I lasted about 3 seconds outside before ducking back into the car.  I truly could not believe how uncomfortable the sound was.  Had I been camping I surely would have gone crazy from not being able to escape.

So I totally had to get a picture.

From the safety of the car.

 
YUCK!

Oddly, several other small lakes had no mosquitoes.  And I'm happy to report that I had no bites!

See on,
Julee

No comments:

Post a Comment